Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just Being Jack.....

Jack is curious. And independent. And quite creative. The other day I went looking for him in his bedroom. He heard me coming and started racing about cleaning up his forbidden activity. He knew he was doing something wrong. Yet he did it anyway. He said his Lion just really needed a haircut. He couldn't see his eyes anymore because it just was growing too long. I noticed there was a small bowl filled with water and a soft bristled brush under the belly of his animal. Lion colored fur was scattered about his paws. His hair was brushed downward in nice even strokes. I've explained various times that this particular lion will not have any regrowth. Jack doesn't believe me. I chose to smile and explain that I wasn't happy with his choice, but I'd like to take a picture of his work. He was very proud. Then I confiscated his scissors. They are on the fridge and he needs to ask before he uses them and to explain what they will be used for. I was actually breathing a sigh of relief at this whole scissors-hair-cutting situation because he chose to experiment on a non-living creature. His older sister chose her own hair to be her experiment when she was his age.
A few days ago Kennedy gave Jackson a dollar out of her piggy bank. She said it was because she felt like being nice. Shawn had to run a few errands and opted to take the two kids with him. While standing in line somewhere Jack pulled the dollar out of his pocket and said to Kennedy, "I have a GREAT idea. Let's share the dollar!"
Though he understands the concept of sharing, the concept of money is a little beyond his current ability.

4 comments:

Rebecca S said...

I've got to be honest Jayne - I think the haircut looks pretty good. When Jack gets to the point that he wants to practice on a living person I may volunteer - if pays me one of those splitable dollars for it.

Anonymous said...

I agree the lion did need a haircut. And maybe if we all thought like hime there would be no more fights about money. We could just split it fair and square.

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut! I hate that sound of feet running when I come to see what is going on, it is never good. As for the dollar, it would sure make tithing alot easier if we could just tear off one tenth of every dollar they earned!

Becca said...

If I had to guess, I would be that he was being very quiet during the whole lion incident! You have such great stories and you tell them so well.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.