Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mystery Solved.....

I can't get enough. I love books. Once upon a time I only read murder mysteries. Not Stephen King type thrillers, but the detective-murder-twist-at-the-end type books. Political thrillers also enticed me. But after years of devouring these novels I became somewhat bored. I'd read all of Grisham, Baldacci, Cornwell, and many other notorious authors. I began to sense how the ending would turn out. I quit cold turkey and turned to novels that made my mind expand. Books that in their own way caused personal reflection. I found myself reading less because I enjoyed fully absorbing them before starting another. I have read many great books. Seriously thought-provoking. Lately though I've found myself drifting back to those pesky mystery books. I find myself once again prowling around the 7-day check-out in the local library which usually contains the latest and greatest. I call them pesky because I'm sure that's what they are to my family. A more accurate term would be the I'm-not-doing-a-dish-in-the-sink-or-getting-anyone-anything-to-eat-until-I-finish-this-chapter type book. Near the end they should be called don't-bother-to-call-my-name-I'm-ignoring-you-and-everyone-else-until-this-mystery-is-solved. I've been hesitant to post the latest find on my blog due to book snobbery. I guess I want people to think I'm only into great literature. I'm admitting my snobbery due to my latest find Harlan Coben. I'm near the end of my first ever written by him and I have no idea how this is going to end up. I dragged all 4 kids to the library so I could check out 3 more of his before they closed for the long weekend. If you call and nobody answers, leave a message and I'll call you back when this mystery is solved.

2 comments:

nicole said...

Have you read the "Jane Austen Mysteries" They weren't written by her but instead star her. They are by Stephanie Barron

Tif Sweeney said...

My opinion . . . what's wrong with a little brain candy every once in a while? Read away and share your great finds!! :)

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.