Friday, December 21, 2007

Necessary Evils....

I find the holiday season full of evils that are absolutely essential for a good celebration. The biggest evil would be holiday treats. Baking is something I quite enjoy as of late. I've met a number of girls who are very capable in the kitchen and have learned a few awesome recipes along the way. Tuesday I baked. I stole recipes from those girls that I believe have tried and true recipes and duplicated them.



Chocolate on the Ritz









S'mores Bars (these are actually my own recipe)







Sugar Cookies with Glaze








Chocolate Cookie Bark



And fudge. But no picture. It was too busy chillin' in the fridge for a photo op. This year I was lucky because I had a special helper. Landon. He perched up on a kitchen stool and stayed there pretty much all day. He had a bowl of goldfish and cap n' crunch that he was transferring from bowl to measuring cup via measuring spoons discarded after use.

The first teaspoon used had once housed vanilla. His palette enjoyed the pleasant taste. This activity came to an abrupt halt after his next measuring spoon had been used with peppermint oil. I would have taken a picture of the horrid look on his face but I was too busy filling his cup with ice water. I did however manage to get a photo of what he looks like every time I pull out the mixer. He does this even before I ever turn it on.
After Tuesday's baking I was exhausted, but needed to come up with something for the kids teachers. I found the perfect recipe and set out to make it. Two batches later I found my new arch nemesis. Caramel something or other. I've baked too much to remember the name. Just know that this will be the very reason my New Years Resolution will involve some sort of weight loss regime.

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.