Friday, December 21, 2007

Just Some Words....

I thought I'd just jot down a few words that came directly from my children's mouths

Ethan:
I took Ethan on a date last night because we've been power struggling as of late. In the car I was telling him how I don't like fighting with him, and we need to bond to make it stop. He said, "It's definitely a war of words, isn't it mom." Is he like 23 already? Then while eating frozen yogurt at TCBY.
Me: How many teeth have you lost?
Ethan: "8. One for every great year of my life."

Landon:
Last night I was making cupcakes for Ethan's Christmas party at school.
Landon: "Hep you mix? Hep you mix?" He then held onto the hand mixer until I was finished.
Then said, "Yick it now? Yick it now?" (lick it now, meaning the beaters)
Me: "No, I'm not going to let you lick these tonight. You've already had a bath."
I then started spooning the batter into the cupcake wrappers.
Landon: "Oh, dust coop it in mouf den? Dust coop it in mouf den." (just scoop it in mouth then)
Needless to say he wasn't very happy when he realized I wasn't just going to scoop the batter into his mouth with the spoon. Crazy boy.

Jackson:
We pulled into the parking lot to visit Santa Claus.
Jack: "Does Santa have a car? Because I sure don't see no sled around here." Always skeptical.
Yesterday while driving him to preschool he was in the back seat telling his friend,
Jack: "No. It is the veins in the body that pump blood to the heart to keep it beating. Without veins we'd die."
Me: "How do you know that Jack?"
Jack: "Oh, I just know lots of stuff about skeletons and stuff."

Kennedy:
She's at the everything-I-say-is-right-and-you-are-wrong stage. A little early? I think so. I'm in trouble when she's 13. Like while we were all driving to the cub scout pack meeting she insisted that we weren't really going to scouts. The entire drive she argued it wasn't scouts. Even after reminding her dad and Ethan were both in scout shirts. After the meeting when we were heading home I commented.
Me: "Kennedy, do you believe us now that it was scouts?"
Kennedy: "Well, it was kind of scouts..........but not really."
See? Trouble at 13.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm with Landon--just scoop the goodies into my mouth!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.