Ethan: "I
remember when I made this angel! I think I was only 3."


(Ethan chose a chair to load ornaments on high branches, Jackson chose the unconventional method of his car)
Kennedy:"Oh, remember when we made these for the primary activity? I love this one!"
Jackson: "Ethan look how little you used to be in this picture! You look like Landon!"
Kennedy:"This one is my MOST favorite out of all the ornaments! Don't worry mom, I won't hide it in my room this year like I did last year. Remember how you looked all over for it because you thought it was lost and I really just hid it under my dresser?"
How could I deny my children the satisfaction of hanging these treasures for the world to see? (really just people that come to our house). I admit that I too got caught up in the memories. Turns out I do have a tree that defines the beauty of Christmas.
(Ethan chose a chair to load ornaments on high branches, Jackson chose the unconventional method of his car)
(You can't hear the sound on this video even if you turn off the music. Kennedy was just talking too quietly to be picked up by my camera mic.)
7 comments:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS...I hope your family have an enjoyable holiday.
I totally agree. although I did hide the really old falling apart ones before the kids got to them and threw them away. I remember when my mom finally got the tree of her dreams we were in High School and I was a little sad that my ceramic mouse skiier that I painted in the 4th grade didn't get used again but by then I understood. I know some people do two trees so they can do both. One for the living room (the fancy one) and one for the family room (the sentimental one). Anyway, I love your tree and I love my hodgepodge one too.
Jayne - your tree is absolutely beautiful with all of the special ornaments! I'm impressed that you have so many! I think my kids maybe came home with 3 or 4 throughout the years. I actually wish I had more ornaments made by my kids like that.
Oh, and you can ALWAYS put bows on your tree - you're entitled to something special with your own touch! It just makes the homemade ornaments look that much cuter!
Jayne, I love this story. Home made trees are where it is at.
You have such THOMAS kids! They are so cute.
I am planning on redoing one of my trees tomorrow because I miss the sentimental ornaments. I thought I wanted a tree that was all matching and symmetrical, but it turns out that I like my one with memories better.
Good decision . . . just remember to throw away those PB Catalogs and you'll be okay. Our kids love our "homemade" tree too . . . this year Grace put all the snowflake ornaments in once place so it would look like it was snowing. And created another section of "ornaments created by/featuring Grace."
Post a Comment