Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve Wonder......

Tonight is Christmas Eve. While most of the world is anxiously awaiting the 25th to celebrate the holiday, we are celebrating tomorrow. I put in a special order to Santa so he'd arrive early bringing goodies and toys. My husbands work schedule caused a conflict. He'll be home around 8 am to celebrate and then head off at 5 am the 25th for more work. This is officially the first time I've ever had to do Christmas Eve all alone. This is how we celebrated. First, we cleaned the house top to bottom. Santa doesn't come to a messy house. Pictures aren't available due to the frenzy this activity caused.



Second, we placed reindeer food on our lawn so Santa's sleigh would be guided by the glitter, and the reindeer would be enticed by the oats.









Third, we opened new pajama's and slippers. Ethan didn't get slippers, his request was for a blanket.








Fourth, we read the Christmas Story out of the Book of Luke, though most of it was told by word of mouth due to attention span issues. Then we read a few Christmas-y library books.






Fifth, what is bedtime without a little chocolate chip mint ice cream before hand?



Then all 4 kids were nestled snugly in bed with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Right. More like babies were crying because they had no pacifier to soothe them to sleep, 3 year olds were banging yo-yo's on the metal of their bunk beds to prevent any sleep from actually occurring, and the older girl and boy kept running downstairs to report the latest happenings regardless of the mother saying "I don't want to hear it". What joys this holiday brings. Truthfully, though, this holiday does bring me a lot of joy. Regardless of bedtime fiasco's. I love my little family. Especially my hardworking Man that sacrifices so much for us. I hope everyone gets to experience a Christmas Eve like I was able to tonight. And I really hope that this Doctor thing doesn't cause Shawn to miss out on every holiday we celebrate.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Too fun--I love the reindeer food idea, I'll have to try it tomorrow night. And I'll have to be a little bit jealous of you getting to have the joy of Christmas tomorrow morning! Have fun!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.