Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Other Mother...

Kennedy is so fun with the little boys when she wants to be. Last Sunday morning she came and asked if her and the boys could have a tea party. You want to entertain the boys? Who am I to say no. I heard a lot of commotion and when I went into the dining area to see what they were
doing, this is what I found:

She had cut up string cheese, hot dogs, and Doritos and placed them all in serving bowls. For dessert they had marshmallows and yogurt. I went back in my room to feed Presley. I heard them doing the dishes. Then Kennedy said, "It's arts and crafts time." I documented this occasion with a picture.
Awesome. Then yesterday after school her and Jack came into my room with a notepad saying they were solving a mystery. They were both wearing detective badges. They had this scenario all worked out about a car found in a lake and they were gathering clues to solve the mystery. I later told Kennedy how much Jack idolized her and how he lights up when she lets him play her games. Who needs me when you have a Kennedy in your life?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is she old enough to babysit yet? When will she be for hire?

Sarah said...

That is so great that they all play together. It is so fun to see siblings such good friends.

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW, you've got a great set- up over at your house! =) I can't wait until Rachel is old enough to babysit her boys...

DeAnne said...

Big siblings are the best. I still remember playing detective games with my older brother. She is such a fun sister--and creative, too! They even washed their dishes! Go Kennedy!

It is so sweet to see Jack with Presley. How adorable! Looks like all your kids are getting along and loving each other. How fun!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.