Sunday, October 26, 2008

Going Solo....

Friday the kids were out of school due to parent teacher conferences. I decided instead of sitting around all day we'd head to Columbia to go to Bonkers. It's 1 1/2 hours away. I guess I've adjusted to this whole new baby in the house thing because the thought of traveling that far with 5 kids didn't seem to phase me. We met some friends in Bonkers and played for awhile. The kids got hungry and we decided to leave for lunch. My kids are obviously children of a resident because when I asked where we should eat the response was "Sam's Club!" It was unanimous. Funny. Can't beat 3 pieces of pizza, 3 pretzels, one hot dog, and 2 drinks all for 11 bucks. My kids are awesome. We picked up a new computer in Sam's. Our old one is doing all kinds of funky things since we started letting our kids use it. This one is for mom & dad only. The box was ginormous and could only go in the front seat because we are officially full to capacity now. Shawn called while we were in Sam's to let me know he locked his keys in his car. His other set was with me in the van. That was 1:45. I checked out, drove to the mall, went to Target, then to the play place to feed Presley, changed 2 diapers, 3 kids went to the bathroom, and we headed back for home all by 3:30. Pretty impressive if you ask me. The computer up front made for an interesting drive. Every time I would turn a corner it would fall into me risking an accident. I used my right elbow to hold it up. Man, my biceps hurt by the time we pulled into the driveway. Shawn grabbed his keys and headed off for a long work weekend. Hopefully we'll see him tomorrow night sometime as he is on call here tomorrow. I now feel like Presley is just another part of the crew. It helps that she is sleeping better so I'm functioning at a more normal level. I'm sure glad we all figured this out because I'll be going solo for another 8 months. Then this phase of the journey will end and hopefully we'll see more of the man I love.

7 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm so totally impressed by you. This adjustment from two to three is still daunting to me. I start judging trips/errands by the standard of whether or not it's worth the time to deal with car seats, hand holds, cart adjustments, etc.

Becca said...

The whole day sounds fun, but what really stands out from the post is 8 months---8 months---8 months! I remember when you started on this journey and I can't believe that it's close to over!

rebecca said...

Wow!! Once again, I am in awe of you!!!!! You are an amazing mommy to take 5 kids to Columbia!!! I'm pretty sure I never did that with just 3. (Sidenote: the other day, Kordin said out of the blue to me, "Mommy, remember that cute girl, Kennedy, in Kirksville? She was nice." Funny kid and I have to agree :)

Raquel said...

I have to say, you are not making the last of Residency to appealing. I want a pina colada on the beach type of life....

Rebecca Pierce said...

I think I would have named this post, "Going Bonkers" since you went to a town named Bonkers. I want to go there!

Emily said...

You SO need to call me when you come to Columbia! We love Bonkers!

nicole said...

WOO HOO!!! I know its so exciting. We are deciding TODAY which job to take. One of them is in WA---wish us luck and the same to you.Have fun on your trip. and ps you are super mom!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.