Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Letter....

Dear Body,

I realize the last year has been hard on you. For 4 months everything I put in you I purged out. I know you suffered dehydration. I understand you must have felt un-used when I quit exercising you regularly. Or at all. The next 3 months I wasn't too hard on you. Though, I did fill you with various sugary substances. Mostly containing chocolate. The next 3 months I did nothing but stretch you to proportions you had no idea you were capable of expanding too. I moved you around like you were a slug, and made you carry quite the heavy load in your belly region. Then I put you through excruciating pain for a few hours and completely exhausted every ounce of energy you allowed. I guess I understand why you feel like failing me at this point in our relationship. For the past few weeks I've tried really hard to only fill you with food that would benefit you. I'm trying my best to exercise you. I know you aren't resting like you should, but that is beyond my control. So, now that I've somewhat apologized, would you be willing to let go of this weight that you seem to want to hold on to? I would be able to run you faster and farther if you would drop some of this poundage. I'm willing to overlook the saggy skin if you would let me fit into my pants once again. Could you do this soon? I'm doing my best not to criticize and hate you for what you look like today, simply because of what I've put you through. But it's hard. Especially the clothing issue. Really hard. Let's work together now. Okay?

Sincerely,
Me (the one that has to be contained inside of you)

9 comments:

Audrey said...

I love it. I'm feeling it too. I came home and thought I'd wear some of that--I'm too big to be back to normal, but certainly I'm not so big I still need to wear maternity shirts--uh it didn't work out.
Don't give up. We'll get there.

Rebecca S said...

This is reminding me of "The Host" a little....Jayne - is that you speaking, or should we be worried :)I miss see in you around.

Charmayne said...

You'll get there Jayne~you always do!

Laurissa said...

I guess your body thinks of it all more as a badge of honor for everything it's gone through!

Melissa said...

This is your most hilarious post yet, I think. Loved it. You will get back, don't worry.

Judaloo said...

I feel your pain! Out bodies sure do take a lot, don't they? sometimes they are not so forgiving...

Becca said...

I feel your pain friend! Chalk it up to the joys of motherhood!
I will keep sending positive thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am so feeling that right now ... but I have yet to give birth. I totally understand where you are coming from and this is only my forth, what will happen with #5? AHHHHH!

Tisha said...

I hear you! Every time I have a baby, I really THINK I will be back to normal (whatever that is) in a few months, but then I end up still wearing maternity clothes for the next year!!!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.