Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Grateful....
We are officially in the market for a job. Man it feels good to be able to say that. After 13 years of marriage it's finally time for Shawn to become fully employed and no longer accountable to any professor or training physician. He'll be in a group where he will be equal to the others in that group (after he proves himself for awhile and shows them his stuff I'm sure). Nice. We've been discussing for the past 3 years where we'd like to live when we finally grow up. Idaho and Utah were kind of given due to the close proximity of family. However, jobs around those parts are scarce. Unless he does a fellowship, which at this time sounds painful to me. One more year of training. Blech. If he truly wanted to do a fellowship I would support his desire, but I can tell he's antsy to not be once again under someones tutelage. So, there are 48 other states to choose from. I told Shawn I was open to anything. With a few exceptions. If I can't live close to family then I need to live close to an airport. I would also like to have a few options as far as shopping goes. Walmart is great, if you choose to go there. I would just like a few more choices. After turning down about 30 places he mentioned where good paying jobs were open, he told me to start looking. I found myself looking only in Washington State. I've always loved it there. I lived there for 8 of my growing up years. Bothell and Moses Lake. Loved them both for different reasons. It wasn't until I started thinking about the possibility of settling there that I kind of got excited. Shawn contacted a few recruiters and set up an interview in Richland, which is part of the Tri-Cities. I used to go to the mall there when I was in High School, so I've been there before. He's also in contact with various recruiters throughout the entire state. A few in Central Wa, and some in SW Wa. I'm so excited at the prospect of going back there. That is, if we even end up in that state. Anything is possible at this point. The truly crazy thing? Katherine and Bobby agreed to come watch 4 of our 5 kids for a few days so I can travel with Shawn to Richland. They are so awesome to do this for us. I'm so grateful to have a friend like Katherine. Let's just hope she is still my friend when we return....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
19 comments:
Have you checked out Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA? We are in need of better doctors here!!! We have a Walmart, Shopko, Kmart, mall, Joanns, Costco, and we are only 1/2 hour from Moscow that has a bigger mall, Old Navy, Winco, etc. We're located in a beautiful valley with the Snake river that wraps around us. There is a wonderful trail along the river, boating and fishing galore, wild black berries...it's the truth! We love it here!
***We're also only 3 hours from Moses Lake!!!
Oh, and did I mention that there is an awesome family of 7 that lives there and a nice big house just down the street from them on sale?
I'm so excited for you--what a huge and exciting step! But can I say that I am still pulling for Utah?
It is so exciting to be almost done, isn't it. Although, I really wish you could stay put since we are moving back! Good luck on the job search.
Wow, I can't wait to be at that point. Good luck finding something!
Come to Washington!! That's my vote -like it matters :) Toby and I lived in Colorado for 10 years and then moved to West Pasco, WA. We've been here 3 years. I would love to have you here!
YAY! Hope you like it there - if so, you'd only be an hour from us!
It needs to be UTah or you're officially out of the family... or at least the cool part of Shawn's family... he he he
Ummmm have you checked Minnesota.. I have heard there is great opportunity up there.
Does Katherine think she is getting paid to watch your kids. I think I saw her mention something about a big paycheck coming their way from a big shot Dr. I didn't realize it was the Crooks!
Jayne,
You could always come live next to us in the great state of IA. However you would probably still feel like you were in the middle of know where - unless you like lots of corn and soybeans!:)
Is Green River, Wyoming out? I am a great babysitter and am in need of Kennedy and Presley to live here part time being that I am the only girl in this family.
Was Darla counting me as part of the "cool Crook family"? Even though I never would want to live in Utah, if you lived there I would come visit.
Good luck with your trip. I have a friend from Richland and she loves it there. With Tri-Cities you'll probably have everything you'll ever want.
By the way, Ray talks of ending-up in Lewiston, Idaho...... we can be neighbors! (if we make it through, o' forget it, it is too far away) Thanks for giving me hope that this journey does end, sometime.
Jayne!! That is just where RYan and I are going!!! We signed with Kadlec in Richland. Oh, it would be soooo fun to have you guys out there!! When do you go on your site visit? Are you interviewing at Kadlec? If so, Julie is awesome! Really, we should talk!! judaloo29@gmail.com .
Big things are always in Texas-Dallas Texas that is! Plenty and plenty of shoppin galore! It is warm most of the year and plenty of swimming time! I love it! Just another option. When would you move? We are going to ML for x-mas. Would love to see you!
Oh, how exciting!!! Wonderful Shawn is ALMOST done!!! I'm so glad you told me WA is a great place to be. We LOVE it here and want to stay, if the NSHC plays with us. I'm thrilled to find out where you're going! Is Spokane an option? We have really enjoyed it here, let's see what Colville has in store next year...
Jayne, congrats! What an exciting place to be. NW Washington is pretty great too! It's beautiful, but a little far from UT and ID. If you see openings up in Anacortes, call us.
Congrats. I try not to be jealous. I know some day we'll be there...like 61/2 years from now...sigh.
Good luck! Can't wait to find out where you guys end up! Can you believe the END of residency is finally here!
Post a Comment