Saturday, October 4, 2008
Cry Me A River....
With every baby I birth comes one day that I am hormone-charged, sleep deprived, and all I do is cry. I cry about everything, anything, and nothing. All day long. This usually happens after 2 weeks when my Mom is still in town. This time I didn't have that day. I even mentioned it to my Mom how unusual it was. That day came. Today. It was lurking behind two more weeks of sleep deprivation. I woke up crying. My poor kids thought I'd blown a gasket. I cried because we were going to be late for the homecoming parade. I cried because we made it to the parade on time. I cried non-stop all day long. The worst was when I burst into tears as I walked into my friends living room to pick up Jack from her sons birthday party. These tears were compounded by the fact that Shawn was working today when I thought he'd be home. My poor friend took pity on me and invited all 4 of my kids over for pizza and to play for a few hours. My other friend brought me dinner and offered to take Presley for the night. (I couldn't part with the babe!) I must have seemed pretty pathetic. Thanks girls. I got some much needed sleep and a good dinner in my belly (that still seems to want to continue to look pregnant). The crying has finally subsided. I can now speak a coherent sentence without choking up. Now my eyes are burning from all the sobbing, and my lips are extremely dry due to losing all that moisture. Nothing a little sleep and carmex can't fix. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm sure my kids are hoping that it won't be a repeat of today. It won't. The "cry it out" day only happens once. Weird. I should have known I wouldn't be able to bypass it this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
8 comments:
You only have ONE of those days. Wish I could say that!! Happy days to come!! YOur doing great mom!!!
Risch
Yes, I remember those crying days. I'm so glad you have great friends there to help you out.
I am so sorry I wasn't there!! But, at least you got this day out of the way and now, forward......
I'll have to remember that next time I have a kid. I am not a cryer, so when this kind of stuff happens... it freaks me out.
I'm so glad you're feeling better! You were in my prayers all day yesterday.
This happens to me too. It is always linked to the idea of my mom leaving, and she only lives an hour away. If Chris asks me three days before she is leaving, "when is your mom going home?" I start to cry just thinking about it. I start crying the night before she leaves, cry all that day and sometimes the next. When Alice was born, I really wanted to go to this fireside from the KYR series, and my mom left for home when we left for the fireside. I couldn't get it together the entire fireside. Didn't hear anything. Just sobbed in the foyer holding my baby while my husband enjoyed the fireside.
I wish I had been there Jayne. I would've crawled right up in your huge bed and said "I'm here to take a nap too." You know I'm good for that! No really I wish I could have and could still help you in some way. You made 4 kids look easy and I am sure that you will make 5 kids look easy soon enough too. Buena Suerte Chica!
awwwww - Jayne - GOODNESS! You poor thing! That broke my heart! Only one day, though?! That's amazing. I wish I could wrap up my blues into one day and just get it over with like that! I hope you're fine now and happier than ever!
Post a Comment