Monday, March 31, 2008
Since You've Been Gone....
I guess he's only been gone a total of 16.3 minutes, but I realize it's only the beginning of a looooong two months. Shawn is headed to a big city Southwest of here for an out rotation. There aren't many pediatric anesthesia cases here at our hospital so Shawn needs some experience at a larger hospital. It will be a good change for him as far as anesthesia goes, but as far as family life it's not the ideal situation. I feel like I'm more equipped now than ever before to handle all the kids and daily life alone. He's gone a lot so I'm used to the independence. However, it's nice to hear his breathing as he sleeps at night, or to have a brief conversation while he gets ready in the morning. The kids will really miss the wrestle-time. I'll be glad when May is over and I can once again anticipate the garage door opening and see him walk through the door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
14 comments:
I'm sorry he'll be gone for so long. Good luck--and if you want to plan a spontaneous road trip, my doors are always open.
That's such a bummer; two months is a long time! I guess I have something to look forward to...
Jayne, you're much stronger than I. If Brian were gone for longer than a couple of days... we'd starve, all the snack food would be gone... he he he... maybe you should take a trip to Riverton,Utah to pass the time?? Just a suggestion.
Jayne, I am so sorry you have to be alone. I know it is hard. I had to be away from Brent for 3 weeks right after we moved to Michigan. But, you will make it.
I'm always up for a girls night out - just gimme a call!! =)
Jayne, you're wonder woman, you can do it! I pray the 2 months fly by fast. Best of luck to you at home and Shawn at work.
I am not set up for that kind of "freedom"! Good luck!
I guess I won't complain about being away from brian for 20 days...and only 1 child...
You are more than welcome to fly my girls and me out there for a visit. We are some great company. Yeah, just what you need no husband, 4 kids............and then 2 more added!! Good luck!! You can do it!!
Does he ever get to come home for a weekend???
I know your pain girl!! It is weird though- once he gets back it will be a total readjustment to living together again! Hang in there- it will go faster since it is getting warmer outside.
My gosh, I was complaining about 8 days and I only have 3 kids and I'm not pregnant. You go girl. The hardest part for me was the face to face conversations. Best of luck to you and your family.
Oh the pain. I always wonder why we hate them being gone for long periods of time when they are here but not here so often. I guess it is the guarantee of 5 minutes of adult conversation and attempted understanding. Oh the things we look forward to.
Jayne you are more than welcome to come and visit us. Or we could actually meet in Nauvoo like we have wanted to all these years. give me a call if you want to plan something. Mark has a week off later this month so we could go during the day while the kids are in school and go to the temple or something.
I hurt for you. Good thing you have a lot of friends to keep you company!
Post a Comment