Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Big Hunt.....

This year Easter fell in March. I am not a fan of early Easter. Apparently it shouldn't be this early again for another 100 years or so, and I'm grateful. I like to associate Easter with the rebirth that spring brings......flowers, green grass, rain, and warmer temperatures. Because it was in March, and March is unpredictable, my kids hunted for eggs in heavy winter coats and gloves. Thankfully we were without snow so we didn't need boots. There was just something odd about hunting in mittens. My kids didn't seem to mind and gathered their goods at record speed forgetting about any plummeting temperatures.
The kids each filled their baskets in their own unique way. Ethan took off by himself and since they were allotted only 10 eggs due to numbers, he chose to hunt slowly and find the "decorative" eggs. He was pretty successful. Kennedy followed me for awhile but realized she could find better eggs if we parted ways. Jack and Landon picked up whatever they saw. Before Landon would pick an egg up he'd say "there's another egg!". I heard this 10 times, once per egg. I wonder if he thought he discovered something nobody else had.


They posed for me, then bartered with each other for the "big" egg. It was in Landon's basket and since he was none the wiser, he was duped into trading for a "tiny" egg. I'm sure one day he'll figure it out.

When we entered our warm house, coats and gloves were shed and the true finding began. All the eggs were open within minutes, and the trading started. Lucky for me, they all headed downstairs leaving me upstairs to bask in the quietness. Nothing like a bucket full of candy to make the fighting cease.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.