Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Shopping Experience....

Since we've lived in Missouri, I've discovered that people from this area aren't really into the whole "buy a new Easter dress" phenomenon that has swept the nation. I've kind of quit myself. It just doesn't seem to be a big deal anymore. This year, however, I heard they were having a 50% off sale on girls dresses at a local chain. I figured maybe me and Kennedy should check it out. I took her with me. I don't know why I did. Maybe it was for the bonding, or something crazy like that. I knew she had interesting taste and rarely seems to like what I choose. For some reason those things slipped my mind and we made the trip together. There were 5 dresses on the rack. 4 of them were pastels, sleeveless, and something you would consider an actual Easter dress. Of course, the 5th dress is the one Kennedy really fell in love with. I took one of each into the dressing room with us convinced she'd fall in love with one of the others. The thing about 6 year old girls is that nothing ever looks bad on them. She was adorable in every single one. But the look on her face, and the way she twirled in the one she chose, how in the world was I going to deny this beauty this particular dress? There was no convincing her not to buy the black & white polka dot number, but she admitted to loving the others too. She suggested we just buy 2. Fat chance girly. The 50% off sale would have been a moot point had we purchased 2. Being the wonderful mother I am, and one that is truly learning that clothing is one battle not worth fighting, I relented and bought her the polyester polka dots. I even purchased a new white tee and some pink flip-flops to complete the ensemble. The plus side? Polyester is wash and wear. And she actually looked adorable.

14 comments:

Audrey said...

I think it's really cute. I saw tons of black and white polka dots for Easter this year, so she was just being trendy. Guess you'll have to follow her lead now.

Abby said...

SO cute, Jayne! And to me, it's very springy with the pink details! Way to go! Kennedy is a little fashionista!

heidi k said...

So adorable!!

Judaloo said...

It really is a cure dress! I love hte reasoning of lets just buy two. Sounds a lot like my reasoning!

christine said...

That's really cute! She looks great.

Lflinders said...

Jayne, What is it with 6 year old girls having an "opinion" on what looks good. Kaitlyn is the same way and just this morning she informed me the clothes I put on her did not match. Since when does a 6 year old know or care what matches. Anyway, Kennedy looks adorable in her Dress. I'm with you on letting them pick some of their clothes because then I know she will actually where them without putting up a fight. PS When is your baby due?

Us Lochers said...

Very cute dress! Good job Kenna!

Jodie B. said...

I think it is too cute! I love the polka dots and think that Kennedy has great taste!

Pattie said...

she looked so cute sunday its a beautiful dress and she has great taste...

Rebecca S said...

You're a good mom Jayne, and Kennedy looks great. My mom and I always had the same conflict, and I always ended up wearing what she wanted. I can't tell you how many times we were in the store and she was saying "isn't this cute", and I would say "yea" just to avoid the long process of her convincing me that I wanted it.

nicole said...

you tell her good choice girlfriend. I love polka dots. and its quite cute with the pink.

Tisha said...

So cute! That just "looks like Kenndy"

Laurissa said...

I totally sympathize, with the polka-dot vs. pastel dilemma, but way to go in letting her choose what she likes! She looks adorable.

Erin said...

Yes, she does look adorable!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.