Today I took the kids to see "Horton Hears a Who". It was Landon's 1st movie in the theater. I've taken 2 year old children to movies before, and vowed never to do it again, but I thought he'd be the one kid that could handle it. He kept saying really loud "That is a really, really big elephant Mom". He also kept asking questions throughout the whole thing. Not questions that had to do with the movie, but things like "What is that fruit snack mom?", or "Can I hold the cup Mom?". At one point after too much soda he declared that his belly hurt and he needed to go poop. He doesn't have a quiet voice either. I stood in the back with him until he did his business, changed him, and we were able to finish the show. I have to say that it was the easiest trip to the movies with a 2 year old that I've experienced up to this point. He might even be able to attend the next movie we venture too. Great job kiddo.
Since it's been girl scout cookie season, this has been one of my bedtime snacks as of late.

Who doesn't like a few thin mints with a tall glass of skim milk? A little piece of Heaven.
Because of the time change my kids have been fighting bedtime. They used to be in bed by 8, and after numerous trips for drinks or whatever, they are asleep by 8:30. Lately I've found them wandering around as late as 9:30. When Shawn is home he locks us in our bedroom regardless of what child is pounding on the door. I prefer to threaten rather than lock them out. Landon has been a real stinker and just doesn't want to be in bed so he cries knowing that I have no sympathy. Kennedy takes pity on him. Since they share a room she offers for him to climb into bed with her so she can read him a few stories. Nice girl. Every night this week she's come in to tell me that he needs to be moved out of her bed. After 2 pages he's zonked. This was too cute not to document. He doesn't even flinch when I pick him up.
4 comments:
So cute! Snazzy pjs Kennedy, I want some. I am impressed you still have GS cookies left. Ours were gone almost before they got here! Yummy.
Such a cute post!! That Landon sounds like quite the cute little character :) And I would sure love to lock my kids out of our room!! Tell Shawn thanks for the idea :)
Oh, and I'm going to get me couple of thin mints and glass of milk right now :)
Glad you are feeling better!! You need to come visit so we can play with your cute kids. Jeremy is on his 4th box of Thin Mints!!! He hordes them as long as he can. It's taken probably 3 weeks to get to his 4th box!! and he shares sparingly!
Post a Comment