Tonight our church is hosting a trunk-or-treat party. Tomorrow is the actual day of Halloween so we'll get to costume up once again and load up with candy. This sugar high is going to last well until Thanksgiving. Lucky for me I will miss the worst of it because the morning of November 1st I'm headed to New York City. That's New York City as in Manhattan in the state of New York. All alone with my mom and sister Katelyn. 5 days. Food. Broadway. Shopping. Enough fun to hopefully get me through the long winter filled with board study, senior papers, and just basic anesthesia detail.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Open dat! Open dat!
Today the Halloween festivities begin. I feel like we've all been on a sugar high since October 1st. We loaded up on sugar at the High School Parade, then last weekend we went to the YMCA Carnival. I didn't dress my kids up because, well, I'm lazy. I figured taking 4 kids (plus Ethan's friend) was enough good Mothering for the day. The kids played loads of games, and collected loads of candy. Except Landon. All he did was eat candy. Every time he got a piece he'd hold it up to me and yell "Open Dat!" as loud as he could so I would for sure hear him. His bag never filled up because every piece was placed directly in his mouth. After 15 minutes of perpetual eating he started to spin in circles and then flop down on the floor in hysterical laughter. Sugar is a funny thing. My kids all had a good time.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
8 comments:
Have fun in NY Jane, I'm jealous, but you deserve it!
I'm so excited for you to go to NY--jealous, but excited. You will have so much fun and I can't wait to hear about your trip!
I know you will have SOOO much fun in NYC! I can't wait to hear about it!
Wow! Sounds like fun! What are you going to do with out ANY children???? Ahhhh......*dreaming*
I'm glad Landon learned that you have to talk really loud for others to hear. That's the most important of all of life's lessons.
Oh, wow. I'm just going to ditto all the other comments. Well, enjoy the beautiful Big Apple. Without children... a thing of beauty.
I'm totally jealous. I've always wanted to go to New York. Enjoy your kid free time!
That's great about Landon demanding all his candy immediately. Open dat! :) Benny has been asking for his "trick-or-treat" all week since Halloween. He thinks if he says that to us that we will hand him some candy, even if it is 6:30 in the morning. :)
Post a Comment