Sunday, October 21, 2007

Basketball Camp....

On Friday the kids were out of school. A very smart P.E. teacher decided to hold the 1st annual basketball camp for future ball players grades 1st-6th grade. Ethan loves the game and immediately jumped on board. Kennedy either loves the game more than I thought, or just didn't want to miss out on the way Ethan chose to spend his day off and decided she also wanted to attend. It went from 8am to 3pm, so it was a pretty long day full of drills, dribbling, shooting, and of course pizza. They seemed to have a pretty good time. At least they told me it was worth the money I spent to enroll them. I love it when my kids get opportunities to participate in activities such as this. I think it broadens their horizons as to what they enjoy, and it gives them the ability to experience something they might not get to at home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love basketball. I bet your kids had a great time. Besides who can top a day that includes pizza!

Us Lochers said...

I love basketball. I think its great for kids to get a taste of all that is out there and available for their recreational needs!!

DeGooyer Family said...

What a fun day for the two of them. Benjamin canNOT wait to play b-ball!

Audrey said...

Jayne--Derek's wife Audrey again--I see that one of your current books is Odd Girl Out...isn't that one about bulling? Is that for a book group or just for your info? I just finished a book called Austenland by Shannon Hale and loved it. A very witty writer. Ever read her? Let me know about the book your reading.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.