Me: What about me?
Ethan: Well, you can hang out with us too.
Me: But I wanted to be alone with you. (kind of a whiny tone)
Ethan: Well, maybe you can talk to their moms or something. C'mon Mom, it will be fine.
We saw those friends, but Ethan took pity on me and stayed by my side the entire night. The
date started out at a local farm, and we were transported by a tractor-hayride to the destination of the activities. First stop, pumpkin decorating. The pumpkin crop was horrible this year and there were very few pumpkins in the bin. Mostly just teeny gord looking things. We were early enough that Ethan was able to snag a pumpkin. I need to mention that at the entrance the kids were each given a blue bandana to keep up with the cowboy theme. I was told there was no way it was going around the neck, not cool. The head is the appropriate place for these things.
Next activity, BB gun target shooting. This was the favorite. A local boy scout troop sponsored this event and had 6 men helpers lined up to teach the boys a thing or two about shooting. I guess moms aren't adequate enough for such things as shooting.
After shooting it was time for some grub. Hotdogs, chips,
and lemonade. A boys dream. After the hot dogs we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores. Did cowboys carry marshmallows in their packs?
The other events taking place were bookmark making, lasso roping, and an obstacle course. We did everything twice. I'm glad I have such a fun boy to take to events like these. Not only is he a fun date, he's quite the looker. Thanks Ethan for indulging me and hangin' around with me instead of your friends. I loved my time with you.
6 comments:
How fun! I bet Ethan was in heaven.
SOOO sweet! You are the best mom!
What a great bonding night for you two! It looks like you had a great time together!
What a special time for you two!! I didn't even know about this...
I'm so glad that you got to go on a date with him. It reminds me that I need to do that more with Andrew!
This looks like it was fun!! What a great date. That hot dog looks delicious.
Post a Comment