Kennedy was invited to march in the parade with the rah-rah rookies, and Jackson's preschool class was decorating vehicles to ride as a group. (Small town, everyone gets to participate that can think of a reason). The parents of the preschool kids needed to walk alongside their child, probably to keep everyone focused on actually finishing the parade. Shawn was off early that day and volunteered to watch from the sidelines with Landon and Ethan so the rest of us could participate. I dropped Kennedy off at her destination with instructions on how to find me after, and Jack and I headed to his meeting place with decorated bike in tow. Jack and I found ourselves at the very beginning of the parade, right behind the fire truck. (And the fire truck's siren. Fabulous.) As we were waiting for the signal to begin riding, Jack started looking around at the kids we were with. "Hey Mom. That kid is in my preschool class. Mom, that girl is in my class too. Mom, that is one of the teachers in my class. That's funny that they are all here at the same time as me!" They did decorate their bikes in school the previous day and have been talking about the parade for a week. You think my son would catch on that we were marching with the kids in his class and that is why we were surrounded by them. Good one Jack. The parade starts and we are off. It was fun. And short. The only complaint Jack had was that if he was in the parade he couldn't catch candy from the sidelines. We had a contingency plan that Natalie J. would throw candy at him after the parade, but because we were so early on in the game we were able to sit at the finish line and catch enough to satisfy. Kennedy came after us so I was also able to catch a glimpse of her in the throng of girls she was with. Fun parade. Next year we'll all get to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.

4 comments:
Oh, how I miss this small town stuff.
I'm still laughing at Jack's realization that he was in a parade with some friends from his own pre-school :) Oh, I miss those fun short and sweet, candy-throwing, Kirksville parades :)
Awesome. I was totally going to go to the parade but my plans were foiled when Tabi took a late nap. You are the cutest mom in the world!
That's why we missed you. You were right in the beginning! We were pretty late, though. Jack is so cute. He cracks me up.
Post a Comment