Thursday, October 18, 2007
Bread Bowls...
My friend Jessica has a no-fail bread bowl recipe. When I first started making these bowls I was sure I'd fail. I seem to have a knack for destroying things labeled "anyone can do this" or something like unto it. To my surprise they turned out beautifully. I filled them with my mom's taco soup recipe. Well, all except Ethan's. Ethan can't stand soup so opted for plain turkey. Crazy. Who doesn't love soup in a bowl you can eat at the end?



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
10 comments:
ooooh yummy. Perfect bowls. Just the right size. I read your post and thought, "such a great mom!!!"
I realized I'm not typing or thinking many complete sentences. Too tired.
this has nothing to do with the bread bowls. But you are so thin!! you look great!! +
i'm with ethan. i would have gone with the plain turkey as well.
OK, your's is the fourth blog I've read about that posted something about good food . . . on a night when I had spaghetti (and hot dogs the night before). They look really good.
So, I really want this recipe. Did she post it on the SAA website? If not, will you email it me? YUMM!
I want the recipe too--every time I have tried to make bread bowls, it hasn't worked out as planned. I just can't seem to get them to keep their shape. Will you post the recipe?
Great cookin' Jayne. I need to try them too. They look so good here. Adam doesn't really like soup too much, but that's too bad for him. He always eats what I make even if he isn't really a fan. I think I will try them this week. You inspire me! Oh, with my Cheesy White Chicken Chili, that would be good! And yes, Erin and Rebecca, the recipe is on the SAA site, it's Jessica Crapo's.
Oooh, is it in the cookbook? If not, will you e-mail me the recipe?
Yum I am totally going to try it!
I'm going to need that recipe.... or at least a place I can purchase good bread bowls.
Post a Comment