
The game was to start at 7, Kennedy needed to be there at 6:45. At 6:15 we were still debating if we should make it a family event, or if I should go alone to watch Kennedy. I thought I should go alone, but at 6:30 Shawn decided all the kids should get a taste of football. Ethan was dragging his feet in protest, Jack was wound up from parade candy, and Landon was just whiny. But, I relented and we all loaded into the van

. Because it was the homecoming game, and we live in a town that thrives on local events, you can imagine how packed the bleachers were. We ended up on the grassy hill designated for parents of the rah-rah rookies. The incline of this hill was unbelievable. My feet were

cramping just trying to keep my body from sliding into the people sitting in front of me. Jack loved the hill. He was about 10 feet from where we were sitting starting from the top and running to the bottom. Over and over. Until he was so thirsty he could run no more. Ethan started out enjoying the game, until he realized there was a concession stand that we were not frequenting. Then

his complaints became known. Loudly. He finally covered his head with the sweatshirt that was too hot to wear and laid down on the blanket. Nice. Until Landon thought he was trying to play "jump on me" and one hard thump sent him into hysterics. This wasn't even the end of the 1st quarter. Kennedy was finally up to cheer. It was short, and I couldn't really even see her from where we were. She came off the sidelines smiling and giggling with her friends, so it seemed to be successful in her eyes. I would have loved to watch the drill team perform at half-time, but couldn't sit through another quarter. Home to bed seemed to be the only option. Next year if it's a family affair we will bring our own drinks and possibly sedate the children with something before we venture out of the house.
5 comments:
I love this post--that is how family outings really are!
Sounds like everyone got a taste of football!!
Wow, you've done some fun things in the community. I guess there is life in Kirksville outside of the med-school community (ha,ha). I don't think I even knew where the high school was while we were there. That's one good thing about your kids growing up, I feel like we're more involved in the community.
talk about a major wedgie..(we took your spot) and by the time the game was over we could not feel our bottom side.
Life with kids can be fun!
Post a Comment