Me: In the van. Why?
Shawn: I need to take apart that old camera.
Me: What? Why?
Shawn: So I can extract the lens and motor.(duh)
Me: And you need to do this because......
Shawn: Oh, I saw an episode of survivorman.
Me: (needing still more of an explanation) And?
Shawn: He started a fire with the lens.
Like it would only make sense that I am supposed to be so impressed by this.
I'm still wondering why we are taking part in this activity.
1) Do we need to use a lens to start a fire?
2) Do we want to prove we are as good as survivorman?
I'm just hoping no actual fires are started with this lens inside my kitchen. Even if they are "controlled" fires.
5 comments:
Hilarious! We were actually watching that episode recently and Dave said, "hey do you know where our old camera is, James would love that experiment." I guess they never grow out of the excitement of starting fire!
Oh my GOSH this was funny! We watch a different show , Man vs. Wild, where the guy is an ex-British army guy who shows you how to survive in various parts of the world. SO COOL!
Boys will be boys! I can just picture the conversation and the fun that followed!
This is hilarious!!! Isn't it nice to know he actually had time to think about that too, rather than having to get to the hospital :) Keith wouldv'e been right there doing the same thing if he had seen this episode :) Are't they fun ???
Is that the show where the guy puts himself in ridiculous places and shows you how to get out alive? We watched some with my family--one in the Scottish Highlands and one on a deserted beach. I don't know how I would ever become stranded in Scotland and if I were to end up shipwrecked on a deserted island, I'm not coming back :)
Post a Comment