Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bear Lake, Utah

While we were out west, we had the 1st official Thomas Family Reunion. It is the first time in about 5 years that all my siblings, spouses, and parents were together. We decided to rent a house at Bear Lake in Hidden Harbor. We were 1.3 miles from the beach, and a short walk from the associations swimming pool. We all spread out in the house and filled it to capacity. The very first night we got in early evening, so Shawn & I took the kids down to see the water. We rolled up our pants and waded in. It was the beginning of an awesome trip.

For the next 2 days we headed down to the beach early to reserve our spot in the sand. We had 3 canopies but the wind was so fierce the first day that one side on each canopy broke. Lyndsey's handy husband Brian and my Dad jimmy-rigged them up to vehicles so they would stay put. Anyone tired of the sun's rays hung out reading or eating under those canopies, everyone else dug in the sand and splashed in the water.


Jena and Keri buried Matt in the sand complete with the added female anatomy. Jack wanted to help and figured he would start on Matt's head because that was the only part everyone else seemed to forget. Sorry Uncle Matt! Thanks to the ingenuity of Charlie and I, Matt will be able to continue to use his eyesight.
Kennedy LOVED being around so many Aunts. One day I caught her having a heart-to-heart with Keri in the hot sand behind the canopies. (Excuse the wierd camera problem in this one)Later, I caught her being the ring leader in a heart-to-heart with Keri's niece from the other side, Gracie.

When we weren't down at the beach, the kids wanted to be poolside. Luckily there were enough aunts and uncles around that somebody was always up for another swim. Kennedy and Ethan loved launching themselves off of uncle Matt, and when they wore him out they went to the side of the pool. Uncle Ben was also used as the catapult a few times. The endless energy of children always amazes me.
At night when all the kids were tucked into bed, we played games and ate milkshakes from the famous LeBeau's. Wonderful. What a great vacation. I can't wait until the next Thomas Family Reunion!

8 comments:

Jodie B. said...

That all looks like so much fun!! Family time is such a great thing. I love the idea of just hanging out together!!! What a great way to spend part of your vacation.

Eric said...

It was a wonderful time, for sure!

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - I didn't know Bear Lake actually had beaches - looks like a really fun reunion!

Tisha said...

What a great vacation you guys had!

Wilsons said...

I love the beach, lake, everything! If your family is as hilarious as you, I am sure it was a lot of fun!

Becca said...

I know that you're looking forward to the next reunion, but I bet what you really can't wait for is the drive!

Unknown said...

Awesome! We used to spend the summers at Bear Lake for reunions. Back before Missouri that is. Looks like you had a blast!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

SOOOOOOO FUN!!!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.