My mom is known to my kids as Grandma Deb. They LOVE her. As Ethan puts it, "she gives us whatever she wants, and lets us do whatever we want". I happen to know that isn't the case, but I'll let him believe it if it makes him happy. My mom teaches 6th grade science, and with that comes fun experiments. She always has something fun to build with my kids when we visit her house. This time it was bottle rockets. She had all this pvc pipe, film canisters, and 2 liter pop bottles configured into a rocket. Jump on the bottle and the paper weighted with the film canister launches high into the air. My kids used these until their bottles cracked from abuse. What a fun Grandma. I'm glad she seems to enjoy my kids. I'm sure after 2 weeks of entertainment she was ready for us to head on our way, but my kids seem to think she never wanted us to leave. In fact, just last night Ethan asked about us moving next door to Grandma when Shawn is finished. I mentioned there might not be a job available in two years, so Ethan suggested Shawn try to "get fired" from his job now so we can move next month. If only he had any idea what he was actually suggesting...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
4 comments:
That is awesome! What a fun grandma. I'd hate to be Shawn's mom competing with bottle rockets!
That is so cool!!! Where do we sign up!?!
Isn't it awesome having Science Teachers around!!! Doug teaches 6th grade science too and he is always the star of the show at the kids school for activities. Your kids look like they were having a blast. Grandma's are the best.
So do you guys have any thoughts on where you want to head when Shawn is done?
Your mom is so fun. That is exactly what Andrew wants to do for his birthday party.
Post a Comment