Friday, August 24, 2007

Ice Caves

On our drive home from Bear Lake we took a small detour to some ice caves. They were small, but a fun detour. Ethan actually climbed deep into one and took a small tour with Matt & Brian. The rest of us just stayed in the first cave and explored there. Kennedy took it seriously with her flashlight-------I think she just liked being in control of holding the light. The boys enjoyed climbing on rocks and dancing around. Because there was ice, and dirt mixed with ice creates mud, some little feet became covered in the slimy substance. Chaos erupted when we climbed back into the van and Ethan stepped on Kennedy's seat, covering it in brown sludge. She started to cry hysterically. To make matters worse, I was holding her prize container of shells she had painstakingly collected over the week while I was cleaning off her seat and the contents spilled all over the ground. I calmed her down by telling her I would pick them up, but after 10 minutes had to neglect the ones smaller than a finger nail. More tears. I think at this point we all just needed a big long nap, and probably some food that didn't contain 50 grams of sugar per serving.

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.