I've been very blessed in my lifetime with great friends. I can look back over the years, and various places I've lived, and actually see why some of my friends were placed in my life. My family moved about every 5 years while growing up so I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people. Now I live in an area where I'm staying planted for awhile, but others are moving in and out, making it possible to create even more friendships. This little vacation I took out west allowed me to cross paths with some old, but dear friends. By no means are these the only 3 people that have impacted my life greatly, these are just a few that I was able to get in contact with.
This is
Stephanie. She was the very first person to actually talk to me on

the first day of school my junior year. That was the year we moved to Moses Lake. Yep, I said junior year. Rough time to move. But, Stephanie introduced me to a lot of new friends, helped me find my niche in the area, and basically helped me survive. We are grown up now, and she's pregnant with her 5th child. We talk about twice a year. It usually ends up being to tell each other we are expecting another baby, and then again to let each other know we've given birth. I'm stopping at 4, so she still better call me!

This is
Rhonda. I met Rhonda my first year of college, but really got to know her while we were roommates our second year. She was that crazy-stay-up-all-night-and-just-hang-out type of friend. I was totally myself whenever I was around her. She was along for the ride with my relationship with Shawn, and listened many nights to my thoughts on that subject. This picture was taken at 7 am the morning we left her house to head back to Missouri. I'm sure she'll be happy that I'm stating that for the record. This picture doesn't do her beauty justice. The great thing about Rhonda? I married her brother so we are now not only friends but sister-in-laws.

This is
Becca. We became friends right after I gave birth to Ethan. She had Andrew a few months previous, so we had an instant connection. She was student teaching for a few months after we met, but as soon as she was done we became connected at the hip. We didn't do anything without the other, and if we did, it seemed almost wierd. Becca really helped me adjust into motherhood and staying home full time. Her friendship was priceless, and still is. We got to have lunch together one day a few weeks ago, and though it was short, it was like we'd never been apart.
I wish there were enough space on this entire blog to do a small entry on all the friends that have helped me get through certain phases of life, or just people that have taught me life lessons. There are so many of you out there. Who could forget the entire "Ching" circle? Apartment 007 because the 3 fell off? The girls that got me through that 1st year of med school and are now helping me get through residency? The girls that let me be their friends even though I'm just "that girl that's been in SAA for 6 years"? When I think of all of my friends, I think of a song I learned in Brownie Scouts when I was 7--------"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold".
***If you would like to be a featured friend, you need to arrange to see me while on vacation!***
2 comments:
Hey Jayne
thanks for sharing your vacation with us i have enjoyed reading your blog.. so when are you going on vacation next..
I just feel lucky that I got to have you for a minute or two on your vacation. I'm also so glad that our friendship seems to have stood the test of time--and distance. I hope you know that your friendship is one of my most treasured and I will always consider you one of my best friends!
Post a Comment