Friday, August 24, 2007

Kennedy's Random Thought Process...

I wonder how my daughter gets by in life sometimes. Her focus is so scattered. Yesterday we were driving in the car and this is our conversation:

K: Mom, why is dad allergic to cats, but he wasn't allergic to Grandma's cat?
Me: He was allergic sweetie.
K: But I didn't hear him sneezing, or coughing, or getting sick or anything. Can you go through the temple if you aren't married?
Me: Well, if you are old enough, and not married yet, and decide to go on a mission, or are just ready to go through, then yes, you can go through the temple if you aren't married.
K: When I'm a mom can I have as many cats and dogs as I want in my house?
Me: Yes, you can have whatever and however many pets you want.

See the randomness? I imagine her little mind was able to split the two completely opposite conversations into two distinct ones, but when vocalized it sounds almost like two seperate people questioning things. Random, but kind of funny to replay in my mind.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Haha! I love your funny kids!

Becca said...

I love talking to kids and marvel at what makes sense to them! Even if it doesn't make sense to me, it's always good for a laugh!

Charmayne said...

I am surprised that my kiddo's aren't more random. I seem to be all over the board. Marlee's kitty was hit by a car 5-6 weeks ago and she want's another one so bad but I just can't get myself to have another animal with hair. I love animals but hate all the shedding~yuck.

Scott & Tami said...

Holy cow, I haven't looked at your blog forever...shame on me....I love your blog. You have such cute kids and I loved looking at the family photos you put on....your family is all grown up....I love it!! Charlie has quite the beard and his wife looks like a sweetheart. Isn't it so fun to be with family.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.