It's good to be home. I don't mean to take-away all the fun memories we created while vacationing out west, it's just good to have all my clothes in my closet instead of a suitcase, shower in my very own shower, sleep in my very own bed, and get back into somewhat of a routine when it comes to exercise.
Here are a few things I learned on my long drive home from this 3 week vacation:
#1) Ethan is actually very helpful when it comes to putting dvd's into the player, and doing things in the van for me that I can't do because I'm tied up trying to navigate the vehicle safely.
#2) Kennedy DOES get carsick when watching dvd's or playing her nintendo ds. She is also pretty efficient when it comes to aiming for the throw-up bowl, that is after the unexpected first time all over her seat. We will now travel prepared.
#3) When Jack is functioning on sleep deprivation and large quantities of sugar no amount of redbox dvd's or otherwise entertaining gadget will distract him from the fact that he is buckled into a carseat that only allows minimal movement. He starts to use his voice to irritate when he can't use his body.
#4) After a few days of eating fast food 3 meals a day everything starts to taste the same and NOTHING on any menu even sounds good. Water becomes the desired beverage.
#5) No matter how many snacks are actually in the car, every stop at a gas station brings new options and temptations. Apparently gum is high on the list of my children's favorite gas station treat.
#6) Even after driving over 1000 miles the stretch of road from Macon to Kirksville is the LONGEST road ever.
It's good to be home. I really just want to sit here and blog all about our trip, but the mountains of laundry are piled high and we all want to get dressed at some point today. I guess the vacation really is over....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
10 comments:
I am so with you on the stretch from Macon to Kirksville!! One of the the worst parts because you are just sooooo close and just want to be there. It does help to see a friendly face along the way though :)
We were just there last night - and it really did seem like the longest part of our trip home. You'd think after a 7-hour car ride our kids would have fallen asleep.
#3 makes me laugh. I think you're awesome for making such a long drive on your own. I can't wait to hear about it!
I am so glad you are back!!
I'm so glad you're back to blogging. It's been too long, I'm excited to hear about your trip.
You totally crack me up! I'm so glad that you are back to blogging -- I've missed it!! And, I totally agree with the road between Macon and Kirsville! Is it really only about 30 miles? :)
The thing I love about you, is that your adventures always make me laugh--I guess while you were living them, it was either laugh or cry, so I am glad you chose to laugh. But I'm glad that you made it safely home and I can't wait for you to get blogging again!
I'm glad you had a fun trip... but the route home is always the worst! And yeah... Macon to Kirksville... ew.
I know it's nice to get home to all your own space, but I'm so glad you got to spend such a long time on your trip visiting with friends and family! And then you got home just in time for school to start!! Perfect!! I've missed you. It seems like I still get to be visiting with you whenever I feel like it cuz I can just read your blog!! So I'm glad you're home!
I completely agree with #6! How weird is that!! You get to Macon and you think, just 1/2 hour more and then by LaPlata you're about to drink poisen to end it all.
Glad you're home safe.
Post a Comment