Monday, March 30, 2009

myTunes...

I'm running a 5k on Saturday. Nothing big, but it's still a race. And my little sister Katelyn is going to be joining me. I seriously was in desperate need of an ipod update. My running tunes were getting stale. When you know exactly what song is coming next and start singing the first words before the artist, you know you are in a rut. With a new computer comes a new iTunes set up. Time consuming? Yes. But necessary. After all the cd's I wanted were loaded, and all the songs saved on my hard drive transferred, I headed over to the itunes store to redeem one of my gift cards. I consulted Katelyn for some good running songs. Kennedy was by my side the instant she heard music coming from my computer. Of course she wanted to weigh in on every decision I made. "Mom, you have to get disturbia and SOS by Rihanna. I really need them on my ipod too! Pa-leeeeeese?!" Lucky for her, they are good upbeat songs. (How does she even know about these songs?) I bought 8 songs. 6 good running ones, and 2 just because I like them. This morning I had those songs playing in the kitchen on my ipod dock. I poured Landon some cereal and then went to go sort laundry. When I returned Landon wasn't at the counter.

Me: Landon. Where are you?
Landon: Over here. (behind the counter)
Me: Why aren't you eating your cereal? It's going to get all soggy.
Landon: My body just won't quit dancing! It's crazy! (He was striking all kinds of poses and dancing moves)

Good to know I chose upbeat songs to get this body of mine moving. Hopefully today running will be more unpredictable......in a good way.

6 comments:

Kimber said...

Wahahah! The kids all come running when they hear music here, too.

I SO need a copy of your list! I could put it in the drawer with the mp3 player I got almost ten months ago, thinking music would motivate me to get moving.

I still haven't figured out how to put songs on it . . .

Natalie said...

I also want a copy of your playlist!!

Becca said...

Oh how I wish that I was there and could run the 5K with you! And I love the Landon story. That's priceless.

Raquel said...

New songs make a huge difference.
So share what ones you chose...

Raquel said...

Danette Petersen always has some great songs on her blogsite that I steal.

Raquel said...

Hey, after your 5k how about a marathon in St. George? Up for it?

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.