Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Gender Specific...
Remember when I went on and on about how I loved this "vacation" house? And how Shawn was the maid because we were in his domain? Apparently the newness wore off after 24 hours and we are back to our typical familial roles. Last night Shawn was gracious enough to let me head over to the mall with Ashley while I left the kids to him. I was so excited to not have to feed them dinner, bathe them, or put them to bed. Only when I walked in later that night the kitchen was a disaster. Just like home. I cleaned it, started the dishwasher, made Presley her bottle for early morning, and headed up to bed. Shawn was on the computer relaxing. All the kids were tucked in tight, which was glorious. But they were all dirty from lack of a bath. Hmm. Looks like we are back to normal only living in someone elses house. At least we still get to see Shawn, and I have access to major shopping and various activities throughout the days to entertain my kids. I guess it's okay that we are back to routine. Even if this is still my vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
3 comments:
Typical...he was just trying to make a good impression the first 24 thinking he would get lucky... He must have because everything was back to normal;)
Hilarious and o so true!
Boy oh boy does this sound familiar. My husband is a wonderful man, but I do think he's a bit impressed and amazed that I am able to have the house looking normal and the kids appearing that way as well & make dinner all in one day. At least he's willing to try right?
Post a Comment