Sunday, March 8, 2009
Livable Conditions....
Every time our little family has gone on vacation one of the best parts is getting to stay in a hotel. The kids get so excited to see a TV in the room they will sleep in. And a pool. And someone to clean up after you while you are gone for the day. I enjoy a nice hotel. I think I've changed my opinion a little since yesterday. Shawn is staying in a house in St. Louis. It's a pretty good sized house and he happens to be the only tenant this month. He thought it would be nice for our family to just stay in the house for the week instead of getting a hotel room. I was hesitant. It wouldn't really be like a vacation if I'm having to do dishes. And what about the pool? Shawn won out in the end. Once again I find myself being grateful for Shawn's foresight. While I'm typing this 4 of my kids are downstairs watching Spongebob and eating cheerios. One's that I didn't have to pay 5 dollars a bowl for at a restaurant. They are eating them out of the bowls that belong to the house and will be put in the dishwasher to be used again. Presley is rolling around on the floor that I'm not worried 50 thousand people have walked on. I'm upstairs on my laptop computer hooked to the Internet that I didn't have to pay some ginormous fee to use in my room. Shawn is in the shower. We aren't all crammed into the same room with kids antsy to get out because of confined spaces. I'm not pulling my hair out because of our close proximity to one another. Nobody just accidentally crushed their leftover crackers from the restaurant last night in the bed I'll be sleeping in tonight. And, this house does come with a maid. Shawn. This is his domain. The place he has been calling home for 2 months already. We are visiting him. Which means that he washed all the towels and told me which one I could use. He showed me around. And he was mopping up Landon's melted ice cream from last night this morning when I walked into the kitchen. Hmmm. I think this kind of vacation house is quite enjoyable. Livable. And lovely. I'm now afraid that hotels will never be the same again. Unless I'm without kids. That goes without saying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
4 comments:
AWESOME!
Sounds great! Tell Shawn we're coming next week;-)
Very nice :) So here's what you do from now on. Just rent homes from www.vrbo.com. That's what we do, but usually my mom is going with us and helps pay :) But you will be making a bit more money soon:)
How nice!!! Glad you guys are having fun!! =)
Post a Comment