We made it just in time for bed that night. Glorious that Shawn was there so I could shirk my responsibilities off onto him.
This is what a typical morning resembled:
Kids parked at the kitchen table eating honey nut cheerios and Presley rolling around on the floor. Another perk to this house. I could piddle around all morning getting ready and nobody complained about boredom. There was a forest behind the house to explore, and a TV in every room to zone out with. Nice.
Shawn had the weekend free, so we decided to do something big each day. Saturday was the zoo. The camera must not have made an appearance. At least I can't seem to find any pictures. It was in the high 70's and we heard a lot of whining that day about the heat. A-L-O-T of whining. Shawn had forgotten that that is what kids do a lot of. I enjoyed watching him slowly remember what my reality is on a daily basis.
Sunday we headed to the arch. We haven't been there since Landon was in the front pack. We even bought the tickets to the top. We all came down a little nauseous because it was windy that day. We were told the top of the arch sways 6 inches side to side and let me tell you. Every inch felt like a mile. We loved every minute.
What a beautiful city from way up high.
I'm going to have to save the rest of the week for tomorrow. Bedtime calls. So do my loud children.
3 comments:
All I have to say is that if you get a van when you only have one baby, then OF COURSE it's time for a suburban now!
We loved the arch when we went out to see you guys for Anna's wedding. I got a bit claustophobic in the pod going up..pretty scary. Logan was throwing up on the way to the arch and then was fine once he got up there, he had the opposite effect with naseau...it cured him!
I drove a friend's suburban yesterday and phrased the same to Kerry....LOL
Love the photos! Love the adventures! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment