True to Katherine, she represented with the food. Chocolate fondue was a hit. Kennedy and Frannie dipped more than they ate, while the rest of us just ate. I made a vegetable tray to curb my hunger, but the fondue was tempting enough that I indulged.
We put the kids to bed at 9:30 and talked the night away. Once we realized it was midnight we broke out this fabulous game:
After a good nights sleep, and a lazy afternoon, we all headed over to the Fields house. Katherine decided to duplicate a tradition of Ashley's----homemade manicotti. Mmmm. I'm glad it was us that got to participate in this new tradition. Then Shawn and I decided we would challenge Katherine and Bobby to a game of sequence. The night before it was girls against boys. (After playing connect 4 at home, Shawn agreed I was a worthy partner.) After about an hour the kids were wrestless. Why don't kids like their parents to have a good time? Thanks Bobby and Katherine for letting us ring in 2009 in your presence. It was great. And I'm practicing sequence. Next time Shawn's in town we'll have to challenge you again. This time we won't bring our kids.
2 comments:
I'm so glad the manicotti thing lives on. Yummy, we had it, too. And how did you get Katherine to stay up to 2 am?!? Was the fondue spiked with diet coke?
Oh we had so much fun with you guys! Did you find Sequence at Walmart? bobby said he was nearby when you were looking for it and you guys weren't able to find it. You look great in that picture of you and Shawn. You guys schooled us on New Year's Day at Sequence. I want a rematch!
Post a Comment