Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Big 5...

Jackson turned 5 on January 9th. What a day it was. He was so excited to have a few of his closest friends over to help him celebrate--along with his Uncle Charlie. They decorated their own cupcakes


Cracked open a pinata. Or rather, pulled the strings so the candy fell out. Amazing. Whomever invented this new type of pinata is a genius. 5 year olds swinging a bat at any object is not a good idea. Especially when everyone gathers as close as humanly possible as to be the first available to catch the desired contents.

Jacks favorite part was opening presents. After each one he'd say "Oh, you soooo know me and what I like!" It was too cute.

After presents all the kids just jumped in the bounce house and played until time to go home. What a great, laid back birthday party. Then, Shawn & I gave Jackson our gift. I was so excited I couldn't wait. He's wanted one of these for so long, and it is the PERFECT gift for him. What I didn't realize is how long it would take Shawn to assemble the thing. It didn't help that Landon brought the instructions in the house so they would stay warm. Lovely.


Happy Birthday little guy. We love you more today then we did when we brought you home from the hospital. You truly keep us on our toes! And you make our family interesting. We'd be pretty boring without you around.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

WOW!!! I can't believe he is 5!!! Happy birthday, Jackson!! That green contraption looks a bit familiar :)

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.