Friday, January 16, 2009

Uncle Charlie...

My brother Charlie came to town last Wednesday. He stayed until the wee hours of the morning Sunday. My kids hadn't seen him in a year and a half, but when he walked through the door it was as though no time had passed. My kids are like that with relatives. Virtual strangers become instant playmates. Nice. I love that they are so adaptable.
Charlie won uncle of the year by pulling Ethan and Kennedy out of school to take them on lunch dates. He took them individually so they'd get time alone with him. Poor guy ate two lunches. Ethan chose Paglia's Pizza. His favorite thin crust that we never order because he is the only one that enjoys it.
Charlie had them both make angry faces in their pictures. Charlie just doesn't like to smile. Crazy guy. He has a cute smile. I don't know what he's worried about.
The next day was Jack's birthday. Charlie took him and Landon to the Burger King play place eat an early lunch before his party. They also had a great time.


The next day Charlie got caught up in a few games of sequence.

He taught me some functions on my camera that are pretty cool. (No, it's not new. It's 3 years old.)
He also taught me some cool features on my computer. It was nice to learn some things that can actually be applied. We were all sad to see him leave when it came time for him to go. We all enjoyed his visit. Now he's off to Asia. Not just for your typical visit though. He's biking across the continent with a few friends. Yep. I said biking. Like, bicycling. Crazy. He's starting in Thailand and planning to finish in Istanbul. But that's just the adventurous side of him. He has a strong head on his shoulders. He's also really smart about everything he does. We hope you have an awesome time Charlie. We'll be following your blog to see how you are doing. Be safe. I guess we'll see you when you return. Thanks for the visit. We love you!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Can I go on charlie's bike ride with him? that sounds like so much fun. I wish we could afford to be more adventurous.

Rebecca Pierce said...

Charlie looks so Alaska in these pics, funny! I will have to check in with his blog.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.