Whenever I leave my kids for an extended period of time, I always expect to be punished when I return. Usually in the form of bad behavior. But, I returned just after midnight on Wednesday and Thursday the day was smooth. Friday was even fabulous. I thought I was out of the water on this one. Until today. They were waiting until I felt comfortable enough to let my guard down to dish out the punishment. Jack is the main punisher. Kennedy has shed a few tears, and Landon has been kind of a bully, but Jack is the reason my shoulders are tight and my head hurts from frustration. 7 time-outs. In a 2 hour time span. I finally left him in his room for 1 hour with instructions to fix everything he destroyed in the first 10 minutes he was left alone. We forgave each other our trespasses, cuddled a little, and left it that we would get along the rest of the day. Until 5 minutes later he went back on his promise and had Landon in tears as well as the neighbor boy. Am I just never supposed to leave so I am never punished? It would probably help if Shawn were home to take some of Jack's actions, but no. It's just me left to deal with him. Lovely.
Pictures have been scant as of late. We got a new computer and don't have the software loaded to enable me getting them off the camera. And when the laptop crashed we lost everything we haven't taken time to back up yet. Including everything since Presley's birth. Sad day. Good thing it's the 5th child and we can use that as our excuse.
Landon just came in crying due to Jack something or other. Looks like it's finally time for bed.
When Shawn returns and I can safely sit here for sometime I'll dish about our trip to Washington.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
6 comments:
Welcome home Jayne!!
Don't you love that!!! It was great to see you. Good luck with your decision making. Email me about what Shawn found out from "the doctor" with the know all.
I can't wait to hear about your trip to Washington......sorry about Jack! It seems like the more they love you, the more they punish you, right? So, you must be the most loved mommy in the whole world!!
Max punishes me all the time when i leave I am in big trouble next week! a week without each other, i won't be forgiven until he is 21!! i can't wait to see pictures from your trip
I am really excited to hear about Washington!!
Your mother is into punishing me regularly and frequently with this traveling job I have. Sure the job contributes to the monthly income and benefits including the company car the comes along with it. One would think she would be happy about it all, rather than her being the Chief Breadwinner, or Only Breadwinner, but nope, when I get home from a trip she makes me vacuum, do the dishes, do the laundry, mow the lawn, clean the garage, do something to the garden, go shopping, and on and on the list goes. Nothing but pure punishment!
Or not.......
welcome home!
Post a Comment