Sunday, November 16, 2008

No Go...

Today was the primary program at church during Sacrament meeting. So, we needed to be on time. We were all completely ready and loading the van 15 minutes early. Shawn is on call so we needed to take both vehicles to accommodate. Only the van wouldn't start. We thought the battery was dead but now we think it's the starter. Ethan and Kennedy didn't want to miss the program so I drove them over in the car and dropped them off. We can't all fit in the car, and I can't go alone because if Shawn gets called in he would need the car. Dilemma. Shawn could go alone but I (being the mean woman I am) said no way should he get to go sit in peace and quiet by himself while I'm home with the 3 hardest kids. Now we 5 are home, and we'll have to go pick up the other two when church is over. Now is when the real dilemma begins. How in the world am I supposed to do all that I do in a day without my van? I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My ignition switch went out last month. It was really fun towing my car to the mechanic with my buddy's car and tow rope. And it wasn't too cheap a fix. I hope yours is less than mine was. You'll find a way to get by in the meantime. Things have a funny way of working out, I find.

Rebecca Pierce said...

I can't believe you missed the program! That's my very favorite Sunday of the whole year!

Melanie Chambers said...

Jayne,
Brad sat down after the program and was like, "wonder what happened to Jackson". He was all excited because he had M&M's to give out. Hope you guys get the van problem worked out. That's truly a catastrophic event!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.