Thursday, November 20, 2008

Boogers....

When you have 5 kids you are going to run into an occasional booger. Or, a lot of them. When Jack picks his nose he at least understands it is socially un-acceptable so he covers his picking hand with his other hand. I'm guessing he doesn't think anyone knows what he his doing behind that hand covering his nose. Hmmm... All these nose picking, germ touching, kid playing hands and their reluctance to soap up and insistence on touching their sister resulted in poor Presley getting her first cold. I was awoken at 2 am listening to her snorting and trying to breathe. Poor girl. She was up a lot because of all her snot. The bulb syringe and her are doing some serious bonding time. Lovely. And right when she was actually sleeping through the night. I'm talking 9-5. Glorious hours that my body needs to produce cortisol---the belly fat fighting hormone. Which I'm in desperate need of. My pants are still gathering dust on my closet shelves. I'm tired of wearing the same 3 outfits repeatedly. I've changed a lot of things in my life to remedy the situation. In fact, I've found 2 new addictions that I couldn't live without. I could, but I'd just be really hungry.

I wish my body back to it's pre-pregnancy state instantly. Unfortunately my fairy godmother seems to be on vacation so I'll have to continue with this whole diet/exercise regime. Bleh. I'm hoping by springtime I can emerge from this cocoon I'm contained in and turn into my regular self.
Here's one of the booger culprits:
Now that he's going on the toilet by himself (and refuses help) I'm afraid of what germs he is going to start spreading next. Thank goodness for the Rotovirus vaccine given to Presley. Don't get me wrong, he washes his hands after he uses the bathroom. But He does it, without help. Maybe I should invest in a Costco size bottle of Germ-X.

11 comments:

Us Lochers said...

She is so darn cute. I wish I could snuggle with her right now.... well, after the boogers are gone. ha ha

Sarah said...

oh good, it can match our costco size bottle.

DeGooyer Family said...

SO sorry she's sick!

Natalie said...

I can't believe how big they both look!

Raquel said...

Kids! Hey I had a Dr. a few kids back the highly recommended Saline Mist from Walmart. It is a great nasal spray for babies and it flushed out their sinus's very well. Go get some and relieve the poor girl.

Rhonda said...

How is the diet coming along? I am doing the exercise part of it all but the food part is illusive to me...so for now...I will have to be fat until I figure that out. Sounds like you got it figured out allready. that is a huge leap in the right direction.

Unknown said...

I want to buy some peas like those. I love those things Jayne. Presley is so big now and ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

I really said that Jayne. I must've been on Cam's account last. Love ya. Beckie

Unknown said...

I love those peas too. You're so amazing, you've always gotten back down before, you'll do it again.

Rischel said...

Jayne!! You look great but I will give you the luck you want to get back into your old pants. But hey, if you have the willpower to go for snap peas over cookies then you are doing WONDERFUL!
Enjoy the colds!!

Ashley said...

Whoa, wait, back up. Sleep helps get rid of belly fat? You can't be serious. Well, I'll add that to the list of reasons why I would love to get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.