Friday, August 29, 2008

Nesting....

I've officially hit the "nesting" phase of this pregnancy. Hallelujah. My house was a disaster. Now it smells swiffer clean. Yesterday I went through all my baby clothes, set up the bassinet, and washed everything small and pink I could find. I even went to the store and bought one package of the teensy-eansy diapers. As I lay in bed last night I could hardly contain my excitement. Of course I'm excited not to be co-habitating with this little girl any longer, but it's turned into more than that. I'm really anticipating holding her sweet little body in my arms. I can't barely stand not knowing what she looks like yet. I'm so excited to be able to roll over in my bed facing the bassinet and listening to the little sounds she will make. I feel so grateful for "surprises". I would never have thought twice about not having another baby had this not occurred. But, I'm already wondering how in the world I considered not adding another little person to our household. No, this doesn't mean we will continue to add more, in case anyone gathered that from my post. I'm just really grateful that I get one more babe to enjoy before they all grow up and leave my house to explore their own lives. I can't think of anything sweeter than the smell of a freshly bathed newborn swaddled up tight in a blanket laying in my arms. Less than a week to go......

11 comments:

Raquel said...

I am glad to hear you are "finally" nesting. I am waitin in anticipation with you.

Audrey said...

Last night I was just telling my husband how excited I am to see what my own little baby will look like. I think it's such a great surprise like you said. You have to wonder how yours and your husband's genes combine each time. It is so fun!

Nancy said...

Good Luck to you next week!!! Great Grandma Crook's birthday is Sept 4. So it's got to be a great day. She was an awesome lady! Wish you were closer.. Someday. . . . . .

Pattie said...

I am excited for you...Wow time sure has gone by fast..it will be fun to see another beautiful crook baby...Good Luck...

Rebecca said...

I'm excited for you Jayne and glad your house is all clean again. How horrible you had to go through it! All the best for the next weeks!

DeGooyer Family said...

I can't wait to see her, too! Best wishes for an easy (if this is at all possible) delivery! =)

Becca said...

Good luck this week...don't go too crazy... I can't wait to see her, I'm sure she'll be beautiful. I only wish that I could be close enough to you guys that I could come visit and hold her.

Jill said...

Don't say things like that, you might talk me out of being done! I am so excited for you, the day a baby is born is the best! I can't wait to see her. Happy Laboring!

Tif Sweeney said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby Crook!!! I don't know if this will make you feel better at all, but this time around was almost 2 pounds less than Cooper!! Good luck!!!

Ann Michelle said...

Hey Jayne,
Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your new little one. How exciting! It was really great to hear from you. I've ask Alana to pass along my contact info since she has it. It would be great to hear from you sometime. Best wishes

stephanie said...

Jayne,
Wow you're a trooper! I haven't ever gone full term.
I think Heavenly Father knows my limits!! I'm miserables now! Although it must be nice to have a date to know for sure. For me it's usually the day my house is a disaster and my legs aren't shaved-Hmmm-that's a thought. Maybe I'll let the house get messy and not shave today :) Good luck! I'm so excited for you!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.