Then we met with some friends and had a BBQ. Shawn was on call and got called in, but the patient had eaten previously so they couldn't operate yet. Thank goodness for hungry people.
I realize it strongly appears that I'm flipping off the camera in the photo of me. I'm not. I was pointing at something. I was probably thinking I should be flipping off someone because that is how bad I hate pictures of me in my pregnant state. I'm enormous. But, I guess this shot proves I'm actually giving birth and not just making up stories. After dinner we headed to our house for fireworks. We have an open field across the street that makes great room for launchers. Remember that nothing is illegal here. The kids had mixed reactions about the pyrotechnics.
We lit off fireworks for probably 3 hours before Shawn got called in again. Since it was already 10 pm we decided to start cleaning up. We all had leftovers. Crazy. After 20 minutes Shawn returned. This time a kid had blown off his hand. Literally. The surgeons here decided he needed a specialist so they life-flighted him to a children's hospital. Yep. He was only 10. Kind of a somber way to end the evening. We had a long talk with our kids after to prepare them for next years event. They won't be participating as heavily as they did this year. In all honesty, we could be living in a state where fireworks are illegal. Who knows what next year will bring. I'm just glad fun was had by all and no incidents were caused that needed hospitalization.
No comments:
Post a Comment