
Kennedy recently celebrated her 7th birthday. She really wanted to do a party at our house with all her friends. Due to our basement dilemma, and the fact that our house is completely upside down because of it, she decided she'd like to take her friends to the movie theater. I got to take her and her girlfriends sans the boys. Shawn happened to be home to keep an eye on them. Unfortunately for me, the movie chosen was "Space Chimps". No explanation necessary. It was as good as it sounds. The girls seemed to have a good time, and even enjoy the show. This was the absolute easiest party I've ever hosted in my life. Kennedy has such sweet little friends.
For her cake this year she wanted a letter "K". I obliged. She did the decorating herself, in case you were wondering.

5 comments:
Time goes by too quick--wasn't it just yesterday that we were pregnant with our little girls! And for the record, I think the cake looks great. That and I am proud of you for letting her be in charge of that project. Between her cake and Jack's clothes, it sounds like you're loosening up a bit ;-)
So do you do birthday parties every year for each kid? I don't think I want to do that... but do I have a choice?
Sure, blame it on Kennedy...just kidding--that cake looks pretty good for 7 year old decorating technique.
I love that you had to see "Space Chimps" and pay for it, too. Torture.
Happy Birthday (belated) Kennedy! I love your cake!
My 9th birthday party was relocated to the skating rink due to basement flooding. What is it with our family?
You're such a good mom, to make a K cake. I wouldn't know where to start with that.
Post a Comment