Sunday, August 3, 2008

Water Days....

One of the things I've always loved about Missouri and this quirky little town is the free wading pools. They aren't just to wade in because they are 2 feet deep. Just enough water to splash around in and not enough to worry that your 2 year old is going to wander off and drowned. Every summer we've spent many a days frequenting these water areas. Until this year. We went once. We even brought pizza with us. Good times.


After that I couldn't get either my 8 year old or my 6 year old to attend. They complained of it being boring. They tried everything in their power to get me to take them all to the beloved aquatic center. I couldn't possibly imagine being able to keep track of 4 small people in such a big body of water when I myself have such a big body to contend with. One Saturday I finally relented and we went. Wow. I'm sure glad we did. We ended up buying a summer pass. I love it. The older two started to swim like fish jumping off the diving board and everything. Jack, my child that would rather sit on the side and eat, is now swimming under water. Even Landon is getting closer to swimming. We are all brown from the sun, and I feel soooo light in the water that I never want to leave. I have to say that it's been a nice upgrade.


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Keep working on that tan...it has got to last you all winter;)

Ashley said...

Is that the lifeguard Ethan's flirting with this summer? :)

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.