
This picture was taken last summer about this same time of year while we were visiting back west. Some how it got lost in the shuffle and was never blogged about. It is definitely blog worthy. This is my Granny. (And me not pregnant. Sigh. The good ol' days of free movement.) Granny is my Dad's Mom. Funny thing is my Dad calls her either Granny, or by her first name, Sharee. I've never heard him call her Mom. I'm sure it's because whenever we are all together there are a lot of Mom's in the room and this helps avoid confusion. I have a lot of memories growing up of Granny. They might seem random, but they are mine. Like when she first moved to Utah after living in Idaho for years. She lived in a house in (I think) American Fork. She had an old record player down in the basement and I would listen to Snow White play over and over and always run upstairs scared when the witch forced the apple upon her. It was scary. I remember these little tiny pop bottles filled with orange soda that were at our disposal. She even had a few girls living across the street. I remember when she moved into a basement apartment in (I think) Pleasant Grove. It was rainy for a few days so we rented a VCR and "Annie" which we must have watched 15 times in a 2 day span. I even remember the dark linoleum floors of that basement. I always think of Granny when I make homemade bread, because she
always has homemade bread in her home. And homemade jam to go with it. She was the first person to babysit Ethan when I had to go back to work for one day to fulfill my contract. He was only 2 weeks old. Shawn dropped him off and was giving Granny instructions like she'd never seen a child before. She had 5 in a very short time span, and raised them mostly without help. I knew he was in good hands. The thing that I love about Granny now is how she is still always learning. She is part of a book club. She is an avid scrapbooker. She joined facebook. And she faithfully reads my blog. She has helped me to see that just because you have been around the block a few times, you don't need to stop figuring out things. Even though we only see you every so often as of late, we still love you. My kids love the birthday cards you send, and the stories I tell every time one of them is opened. We hope to make it to your area next summer so you can meet our new addition to the family.
1 comment:
I am so flattered and pleased. You touched me to tears. I just wish that we were closer. I am looking forward to next summer visit, if not before. I love all of you too and have good memories.
Soon you will loose that front and your arms and heart will be full of another joy. I am soo happy for all of you, especially Kennedy to have a sister, finally!
Post a Comment