Friday, August 15, 2008

Mama Mia....

My mom has really been talking up this movie. She's seen it a few times with different groups and they've all loved it. I'm not such a musical girl. Grease is one that I used to watch countless times when I was younger, but other than that, not so much. After two different friends of mine asked me if I wanted to see it, I finally relented. I am so glad I caved. What a cute movie. The music was great, the actors all were phenomenal. If I can look even half as good as Meryl Streep when I'm her age. Wow. I dreamt all night about various scenes from the movie in which I was involved. I even woke up singing "Dancing Queen". Go see it. Even if you aren't into musicals, you'll like this one. Unless maybe you are Shawn.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oooh, and Pierce Brosnan. Rarrr :) I haven't seen it yet but it sounds like a good girls night out.

rebecca said...

That's funny. My mom ranted on about it too and I finally went with her. It was her 3rd time. I loved it too. My mom bought the sound track the next day and gave it to us and any time we get into the car now, Daxon yells, "mama mia, mama mia!!!", until I turn it to that song. I have to admit, I did laugh a little when Pierce started singing :)

Raquel said...

Yeah, so don't take Shawn to it. I liked the music, but I can go with out hearing Brosnan sing ever!! Also, after seeing Merle Streep with long witcy hair, makes me think...I should chop mine off.

Us Lochers said...

Shawn's no fun.... neither is Brian.

Charmayne said...

Oh my gosh-I loved it too. I had to go get the CD from Target and I am not a huge music person. I have seen the broadway play but think the movie is much better. Glad you liked it.

Looks like your getting close-Good luck with everything your in our prayers-by the way-your a fabulous Mom!!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.