Sunday, August 3, 2008

Life on a Pontoon....

Yesterday was a great day. This happens to be the only weekend this entire summer that Shawn has off. No responsibility except us. Nice. We decided to rent a pontoon boat and spend the afternoon on the lake with some friends. Only afternoon turned into early evening when all the boats were occupied until 4 pm. No problem. It was still plenty hot. We got on the boat and drove to a secluded dock where we parked and spent our time swimming. The kids all had a great time doing jumps into the water. Katherine and I spent most of our time floating around, sometimes with a kid in our arms. Bobby & Shawn spent most of their time making sure the little ones didn't fall in. The little ones spent most of their time eating licorice and oreos. I never left the water until it was actually time to drive the boat away. I knew getting out would be an issue, and it was. Thank goodness I'm married to one strong man that was able to help pull this cumbersome figure up the ladder and onto the dock or they would have had to tie a rope around my waist and tow me in. Lovely.








A few things you might notice in these pictures. 1)Landon is wearing a barbie life jacket. It was once Kennedys. We are not afraid of our feminine side in this family. 2) My husband looks amazingly hot with his hat on backwards. Personal bias of course. 3) It appears that Ethan is driving the boat. He was. Shawn handed him the reigns. I was a nervous wreck.
After we docked the boat we headed to the Fields house where Katherine fed us the most delicious meal with homemade ice cream for dessert. It was the best way to end such a fabulous day.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

when does the next crook pontoon leave? I want on! I love, love that picture of Kennedy! Totally magazine worthy!

Ashley said...

I could not be more jealous, what an awesome day! Katherine was telling me about it, but I didn't realize you rented the boat yourself. That sounds like such a blast. I love the picture of Kennedy, it is beautiful! That girl. You've got trouble on your hands.

Eric said...

Maybe I showed up at your house for the wrong weekend?

Lflinders said...

jayne, This reminds me of when our families rented a boat together for the day. What fun. Only our families were much smaller and much younger. Hope your family is doing good.

Natalie said...

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!

Katherine said...

This was the most fun we've had all summer! Thank you so much for inviting us! The pictures turned out awesome. The water felt great and it was so nice to have our husbands around to help out with the kids. I wish we could do that every day.

Becca said...

I always love it when you post--it totally makes my day. And I also noticed the skillful avoidance of any pregnancy swimming pictures-kudos on that one. I was however grateful to see the flipping off prego pic--you look great and even if you don't believe me just remember that you always end up smaller than before after every baby!

Rebecca Pierce said...

What fun! I started reading about it and I had to get online and look up similar options in my neck of the woods.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.