Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gramps and the Fair....

My dad was in Des Moines taking a class for work, so he drove down to spend the weekend with us. We were all soooo excited to see him. We ended up with free tickets to the fair the night he arrived so we decided to check it out. Only this happened to be the beginning of the extreme rainfall we would receive the next few weeks. It was only sprinkling when we left the car. We made it to the carousel. Once that ride was over it was raining pretty good. Good enough that they closed all the other rides. We went to see the animals while we waited for it to lighten up and maybe re-open the rides. No such luck. After 30 minutes wandering through the barns we were in a down pour. They even cancelled the main event for the evening (tractor pull) because it was so bad. We grabbed a sno-cone and some cotton candy on our way out, courtesy of Grandpa. We all had a good time, despite the rain.

The next day the weather was beautiful so we spent our time at the aquatic center--of course. Thanks dad for making your way down here. We all had a great time. You are welcome anytime.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! I'm glad to be all caught up on what you've been up to! I feel like I never see you and I'm right next door!!!!

I hope to see you around in the next couple of weeks...I don't know where this summer has gone but man it has gone fast!!!!

Eric said...

It was a wonderful weekend for me! Thanks for letting me show up. I think we should do it again!

Rebecca Pierce said...

When I called the other day to get Lynz's new number (don't get me started) he said I sounded like a telemarketer to him. He's always got a quick, smart remark up his sleeve. How fun to have Grandpa all to yourselves!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.