Friday, May 30, 2008

Two Toned....

I really needed to buy milk yesterday, but the day was crazy. Before I knew it, it was 9:30 pm and I was soaking in my bathtub. I figured I'd just go this morning with the kids. I had a bad dream about Shawn and woke up crying at 6:30 am. I knew my kids would sleep until at least 8, and Ethan would be the one the little kids woke up if they couldn't find me, so I decided to sneak out the door and be back by 7 before anyone knew I was gone. So sneaky. (Don't call DFS). Because I was being so sneaky, I left the light off in the laundry room where I found my flip-flops, and then quietly snuck out the door. It wasn't until I was walking across the parking lot of the grocery store when I realized what I'd done. The people in the store probably thought I was making a fashion statement. But, no, I just literally got dressed in the dark. I now will always wonder when I see people in the grocery store in the wee hours of the morning donning odd apparel if they too dressed in the dark, or if they are indeed making a fashion statement.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Too funny! I love it--you should see me when I go running in the morning. I tend to always look like I got dressed in the dark!

Rebecca Pierce said...

The best part is that you own two identical pairs of flip flops in different colors. I think all good moms should adorn themselves in flips year round. Why get fancy? I actually was getting fitted for some shoes at Nordstrom because I was convinced that I had grown wide feet. After being measured, I was told that I don't actually have wide feet, but since I wear flip flops (it was December and I was at the store in my trusty flips) all the time, my feet have sort of spread out like pancakes. Lovely. I decided on some crocs for my new shoes that day, because I like my pancake feet!

Melissa said...

People at the store probably thought that you had just had a wild night and you were still...drunk. But really, you are just a mom trying to get away by yourself and walk down the aisles of the grocery store in silence. That is hilarious!

Tisha said...

First of all were you at Wal-Mart or Hy-Vee?... that pretty much makes all the difference, if you were at the first, I am sure NOBODY even noticed since you were probably still the best dressed person there!

nicole said...

Hey at least your toenails are all painted the same color, right?

Anonymous said...

Mornings are rough. I once went to the gym, worked out, came home and then realized I hadn't taken off my eye make up from the night before. I had a really bad case of racoon eyes. It made sense why several people had asked if I was ok! Note to self, always look in the mirror before leaving the house! I had to laugh at Tisha's comment. I am sure at Wal-Mart you fit right in. I have fond memories of that Wal-Mart!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.