Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pregnancy Noshing....

I've decided I might know the reason for my extreme pregnancy weight gain. I eat a lot. Well, I actually eat fairly well throughout the day. It's once those kids are in bed, and I'm reclined with my feet up that I start dreaming of deliciousness that needs to be consumed. Sometimes it's a bowl of cereal, washed down with some Frito's, followed by a little chocolate. Last night it was this:Homemade chocolate chip cookies with chocolate-caramel-brownie-almond-chunk ice cream sandwiched in between. Heaven. Also close to 3000 calories. I've decided that this is my absolute last chance to eat whatever, wherever, and however much I want. I'll be counting calories the rest of my life so I might as well live it up now. I'm sure after this little girl makes her debut and nothing in my closet will cover this body of mine, I might have a few regrets. But for now? Well? The kids are in bed. I better go put my feet up and decide what form tonight's calories should take on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy Jayne! I agree you have to take advantage of the pregnancy to indulge whenever you feel like it. Those do look like heaven. You always lose weight fast after the baby is born so don't worry.

Becca said...

I agree 100%! Will you live it up a little bit for me, because I still have to count calories. Besides that if history repeats itself, you will be your smallest size ever once this baby arrives, so no worries!

Anonymous said...

I think that is considered one of the joys of being pregnant...calories don't count!

Rhonda said...

I think I got a cavity just reading about your chocolate indulgances;)

Audrey said...

Um, I just wanted to ask if you have yet tried the Loaded versions by Dreyer's? I just bought Chocolate with Chocolate and peanut butter loaded pieces. I snuck some this afternoon (I couldn't wait till the kids were sleeping, I could only hold off until they were distracted). Eat up and let me know of any other great pregnancy foods.

Lauren said...

That looks delicious! I am taking a note of this because I am going to have to try that sometime. :)

Us Lochers said...

Wait! Are you telling me that you have to be preggers to eat stuff like that? Because it's never really stopped me. Maybe that's why I've gained 10 pounds over the last 3 months??

Rebecca Pierce said...

Wow, that is like the perfect ice cream flavor! Who makes it? I can't even keep baking ingredients in my house because I have no control! Looks really good though.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.