Saturday, March 8, 2008
Stood Up.....
Last night there was a free babysitting opportunity. Yep, I said free. Our local University has a Campus Christian Fellowship group that volunteers on a monthly basis to babysit the local children as a service. Of course, donations are always welcome. My kids love to attend these events because they get to run free in a large gymnasium, do some sort of craft, and have some sort of popcorn/candy snack while viewing a movie. I love these events because it means a free night out with Shawn. Well, except for last night. I'd been looking forward to this all week. I did keep in the back of my mind that he was on call and there was a possibility I would be solo, but I've done it before. Last night when it was 3:30 and he showed up at home I was ecstatic that we would be able to eat a dinner out on the town together. Until he mentioned the pinewood derby car sitting on the counter. And that Dr. Roof's wood shop would be at his disposal for him and Ethan to use that very evening. Obviously the pinewood derby is more important than a date with me. I conjured up a plan to drop the little boys off at the babysitting and take Kennedy to dinner with me and to do a little shopping. She thought it sounded fun. I was once again excited for an evening out. Until we pulled into the parking lot of the University. Kennedy said she decided she'd rather play in the gym because she "can go on a date with you anytime, right mom?". Not only was I stood up by my husband, but by my 6 year old as well. Pathetic. What did I do? The only thing I could do. Ordered take-out from the restaurant I was to dine in, took it home and watched a movie on the free showtime preview cable is offering this weekend. Not the night I had planned, but still enjoyable. Who would've thought that being stood up twice in one evening would still turn out to be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
9 comments:
I wish I could have been there to go out with you--that would have been way more fun than taking my entire family out to a sit down dinner tonight!
That is too cute! I am glad that you still took yourself out, you deserve it. How are you feeling lately?
I get really geared up to eat out during the weekend too. When I have been thinking about it all day, it doesn't matter what is available to cook in the house--nothing will do. I have to get something made by someone else! So, I'm glad you got it to go.
On a different note, I was wondering if you could email me apetersen23@hotmail.com. I have a question for you. Thanks!
I am sorry you were stood up twice, at least you got some good take out, and some peace and quite.
Brutal! But isn't it nice to watch a movie by yourself every now and then? I love it.
I love being alone! Fun! I guess I would prefer company though. Most of the time. Anyway, Laura (Sainsbury) and Jay have a blog. You know she has seven kiddos. Her husband Jay is the author, I thought you'd enjoy a peek. The link is on my blog under their last name, Augvine.
Man, if I was in the same town you coulda called me-chances are it coulda happenened to me too.
At least you got in some no-kid time, right?! =) =)
Next time this happens (next time? I'm sure you're hoping there won't be a repeat), you better call me! Bobby and I were home with sick kids and I would have loved to jump ship to hang out with you!
Post a Comment