My kids are on spring break this week. Who in the world calls the 2nd week of March spring break??!! Well, lucky for me today was a rare 65 degrees outside. (I won't mention that it's supposed to snow again on Friday). We enjoyed the warmth by hitting "happy hour" at Sonic Drive-in for 1/2 off slushes and drank them at the park. Glorious. We stayed for 2 hours. Then we headed home to ride bikes in the neighborhood. I couldn't stop laughing at my children's antics when we arrived home. Landon was saying the funniest things. He grabbed a basketball and ran onto the driveway saying "I shoot it in the hoop! I shoot it in the hoop! Oh, no hoop. I shoot it in the sky?" He then threw it a foot in the air. He said, "Oh, I throw it on the roof?" Didn't make it any higher that time. He finally just laid it on the ground and said, "I just kick it then." And ran off kicking it like a soccer ball. Hilarious little boy. Probably funnier in person. Jack, of course, found his own sort of entertainment. At the park he'd gathered a rock collection and brought it home to our yard. He found a big rock and was calling it his "detector". He told me that if he held it in one place on the driveway and looked into it he could "detect" China people. I inquired as to how and he said it was because he could see all the way to the other side of the Earth with it. Duh. China people live on the other side of the Earth. He told me the hot magma was pretty tricky to see through, but he could do it anyway. Jack. What a character. Kennedy was wearing a new light pink sundress with brand new leggings to match. Her choice of play? Filling cups of water and dumping them into the dirt in the neighbors ditch to make mud pies. I was blessed with a girl that likes to dress girly and play like a boy. Ethan played various things---a little baseball, a short bike ride, a little Frisbee, a little soccer, and then claimed he was bored without a basketball hoop and went in early. The conversation I had with him later, however, is what sticks in my mind. We were tossing a soft-soccer ball back and forth to each other while sitting on opposite couches.
Ethan: Dad is way strong. He is way tougher than you.
Me: No way. I'm tough. I can make Dad cry.
Ethan: Making him cry emotionally doesn't count. I mean physically.
Me: Emotionally? Ethan, how do you even know the difference or what that even means.
Ethan: Mom, I have emotions too you know.
I'm a little worried that he's one day going to surpass me in knowledge and totally stump me with how to handle him. Maybe that's already happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
6 comments:
your kids crack me up. Yo have such a great way of describing their antics and writing their words so that I can totally picture them saying that stuff. Ethan's words made me crack up. What 8 year old would say that?! Funny boy.
I love Spring for all those reasons you just listed. It's like my kids suddenly become more fun, clever and wacky and we enjoy each other so much more. And don't worry, I think you still have a few more years before you have to worry about Ethan surpassing you!
I was CRACKING UP!!! They are so cute!!!
Why is China always the country of choice when talking about the other side of the world? It was the country that I used too.
I love your kids! I love tht you are having a great spring break. I don't love living so far away from you guys!
"Making him cry emotionally doesn't count." WOW. I love this kid!
Post a Comment